Thursday, October 15, 2009

Playground In A Skirt

The Adventures of John Part 1: California road trip

Hi everyone,

Apparently he made enough cargo to Quebec, I just spent a week in the sun along the beaches of California and I tanned! San Francisco



We arrived in San Francisco Monday, Oct. 5, our flight went great. I recommend you go to the airport in Burlington if you voller the USA, unlike other I frequented airports, the staff of this small airport is very casual and we slipped into the airplane as easily as in his favorite pair of jogging.

San Francisco is a really cool city, my streets are really difficult to climb! The buses are electric, there are markets for fruits and vegetables from California every day, old trams are still used for walking around the city (they are electric and share the city with the bus) and there is super cable car, a kind of small tram pulled by cables under the road, he passed near our hotel ... it cost $ 5 to make, but better than cest rides all around, truly an experience to live when you visit the city

Video

We then went to Golden Gate by bicycle, the view over the city and the bay of San Francisco is amazing. Passing for users Bixi just charge me $ 210 was due to a bike that I would not apparently reported in June ... without ever having informed me they decided to charge me on my visa. ... So do careful you might get a nice surprise on your next account ... I enmerde!



The other side of the bridge, there is Sausalito, a city where home prices range from 3 and 5 million dollars and then there is a park where you can see the tallest trees in the world ... all this has given us a great ride for 5 hours! But hold up my ass, I've been training for all Mont-Royal on my mountain biking;)

City of Sausalito



large red pine forests (Stephanie is at the bottom of the photo)


We spent 4 awesome beautiful days in San Francisco, my only disappointment is not having visited the prison of Alcatraz and Al Capone stayed, even though we came close in after the ferry ride bike was unable to visit because we had reservations, the towers were full for the next 2 weeks. So if you go to SF, be sure to book the tour of Alcatraz and take a ride on cable car!

Friday morning, we rented our car and began the real road trip ... for the''crookedest street''(the most crooked street?) In the world, Lombard Street SF:


1 hour later, we were made in Santa Cruz ... and we really felt on the U.S. west coast, decorated with an avenue of palm trees and a long dock where we could taste the crab sandwhiches hmmm. But there were no coconuts in the trees disappointment

We
walked along the freeway 101 and the California State 1, which is according to many the most beautiful road in the world. The road runs along the peaceful and the view is breathtaking. With the sun setting over the sea had a really breathtaking.


The road between Caramel and Big Sur is undoubtedly the most beautiful section of our road trip, the views are the eye candy! We do not simply believe what we see before us: the mountains and cliffs that overlook the ocean are just sick!

There is also a very beautiful road Caramel, with white sand like in Mexico! This one costs money by cons because it passes through an area where there is the private golf course Pebble Beach PGA Tour ... golf or part costing just U.S. $ 500!


Ps: The hat is more for looks than anything else. It was very hot in the sun, but the wind was pretty cold so sometimes just threw my hat and comfy with my jeans on the edge of the water ... I love surfing but the water was cold I do not know if it ' al'année is like this long or because it was in early October. So I keep surfing for New Zealand and Australia.

California is not just the beaches out of sight but also big national parks with dense forests and high mountains covered with clouds in the morning. We camped one night on the road did not find any hotel or lodge, we opted for a campsite in the forest in Big Sur and we got good hot dogs on fire!
On the road shortly after Big Sur is a castle called Castle Hearts my friends ... this gentleman had the deep pockets of Bidoux ... it's a tourist attraction but wow it's worth it to enter the bus tourists to get there. The field is huge, the castle is on top of a hill with breathtaking views of the ocean ... it's kind of difficult s'immaginer how you can have as much money, the castle is sometimes because of structures dating from the era of the Pharaohs. Just to see the pool you will understand

Greek columns on the picture are over 2000 years!

Our last stop before boarding the plane at the airport in Los Angeles was Santa Monica, a neighborhood on the west from LA who has the biggest beach I saw in Venice Beach and the shops that celebrities like to go


In this photo Arnold trained at this point in time where there was a gym outside on the beach, now it is a place for making l; a free gym. I tried the ring but my big arms are not flexible enough for that.

Finally, the last day it has tapped Hollywood celebrities without crossover. I was somewhat disappointed by Hollywood, it's really not very good and much too many tourists on the streets. For cons, the Griffith Park is great, this is where it yal'enseigne Hollywood. It's huge, there are tons of trails and we have a beautiful view of Hollywood, LA and more, we saw a mountain lion!


Here! I am now in New Zealand after a 12 hour flight, in Auckland, and it has been raining for 2 days! I hope it may comfort you a bit of bad weather in Montreal! It at least allowed me to write to you, honestly in 1 week and a half our trip was very intense and it has not had much time to relax, but it was decided to postpone our flight to Sydney in December will be less like that rushes in New Zealand, there are so many beautiful places that you want to visit! I'd love to hear from you and news of Quebec, here we are completely disconnected from the rest of the world (and I like it!)

I am writing soon for my adventures in New Zealand!

0 comments:

Post a Comment